Dana has replaced her left arm with a mechanical prosthesis, and refuses to answer questions on when or how she lost her original, as "It's more interesting if it's left a mystery."
Dana is extremely boisterous and has a care free, devil-may-care attitude most of the time. She has a habit of literally sticking her head in things, such as Sei's helmet, purely because it seems fun.
However, she cares very much for those who work under her and will always go to great lengths to keep them safe and well cared for.
Not much is known about where Dana comes from, although it is known that she has a little sister. When she was a toddler she would pick fights with kids bigger than her.
She used to work for the Neo-San Francisco police force after she got caught during a fighting ring. Eventually, Lexi decided to take her in as her partner, who says that Dana was one of the best partners she ever had. They became good colleagues and later on good friends. They were briefly in a romantic relationship but it only lasted for a week or so when Dana got her head caught in a bucket during a date and also because Dana claims that "Lexi is too uptight." The two remained friends afterwards.
Apparently Dana has a history in competitive wrestling. Using the alias of "Red Comet" Dana has been said to fight and win against a group of bears without killing them. This event supposedly occurred prior to the loss of her original arm. This previous fighting experience has prepared her to double up as VA-11 Hall-A's bouncer.
Soon after the game starts, Dana comes into the bar carrying an unconscious Kim.
- Dana is the main character of the text game Blazing Food and the co-protagonist of the point and click game Sales Pitch.
- Dana also makes an appearance in the video game Read Only Memories.
- It can be assumed that Dana is pansexual through her dialogue in the cameo, saying "cuteness has no boundaries" when Jill asked if she swung that way.
- During her days as a Grand Slam Fighter, she was called the Red Comet. Red, because it meant she was three times faster.
- This is a direct reference to Char Aznable from the anime Mobile Suits Gundam. In the anime, Char holds the nickname "The Red Comet", and pilots a custom variant of Zaku II with a horn on its forhead and painted red, as well as being three times as fast as a mass produced variant of Zaku II.
- Donovan D. Dawson refers to Dana as the Undefeated of The West after Jill mentions her participation in Grand Slam Fighters, directly referencing another Gundam show, Mobile Fighter G Gundam
- Owns a metal bat with nails in it, named Zankantou.
- When Jill brings Fore to the bar and says she's brought her cat, Dana mishears her believing Jill brought Yasunori Kato with her.
- Dana's personality and past is an allusion to the namesake of Sukeban Games. A sukeban is slang for the boss of a delinquent girl gang.
- At one point during the game Dana mentions the "eighth grader syndrome" which could be a reference to an anime called "Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions"